Join our growing team and help us build next generation solutions! You will work to design and build geospatial solutions using the latest software development technologies. We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual with the right skill set to help us with our growing code base.
The role is based in Munich, Germany, and reports to the Development Lead.
We offer work in the highly exciting field of satellite based Earth Observation.
European Space Imaging is Europe’s most successful provider of global high resolution satellite imagery based in Munich, Germany. Since its establishment in 2002, we have consistently shown extraordinary growth and is now selling its satellite image products to customers in Europe and North Africa. Our European technology partners are the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and GAF AG.
- Create and document geospatial software by developing solutions, documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Support the development team in optimizing workflows throughout the company
- Cooperate with partners on external software development tasks
- Maintain and operate software solutions
- Develop custom solutions for core customers
REQUIREMENTS OR MUST-HAVE
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Good SQL skills
- Hands-on experience working with APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Comfortable in a linux environment
- Comfortable with version control (Git)
- A university degree in Software Engineering/GIS or similar, or proven practical job experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, comprehension and presentation skills, as well as intercultural competence
- Comfortable communicating with collegues in English
- Nationality limited to EU member country, NATO member country, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and Switzerland
RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS OR NICE-TO-HAVE
- Knowledge of geospatial libraries for Python, such as gdal/ogr, geopandas, shapely, pyproj, rasterio
- Previous Experience with Java development
- Previous Experience with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- A basic knowledge of satellite remote sensing would be a plus
- German on B1 level or higher is a plus but not required
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EUROPEAN SPACE IMAGING
- Subsidised gym membership
- Subsidised language course
- Central location easily accessible by public transport
- Employer contributions to company pension scheme
This is a perfect opportunity to take ownership of a role and become an essential part of a dynamic and growing organization.
Interested in pursuing this opportunity?
We look forward to receiving your brief motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English via e-mail to email@example.com
with the subject title: Software Engineer