Global coverage and the daily revisit capabilities of VHR satellites give forest managers the current information they need to make informed decisions for the future of their resources.
Using the high resolutions of VHR satellites and the wide spectral information collected, forestry organizations and environmental regulators are using satellite imagery to analyze, assess, and manage forested areas for tree health, illegal logging and carbon stock calculations.
VHR imagery supports:
- Creating forest inventories
- Identifying tree stress and pest infestations
- Detection of Illegal logging activities
- Managed logging and replanting
- Supporting firefighting efforts
- Protection of natural forests